Monday, July 24, 2006

Over, under, around, and through...

Saturday was a long day as I ended up driving a little over 500 miles. At first I was just going to go to Yakima and back, but I decided to go around south and come back up. I ended up taking a long shortcut through the middle of Skamania county, which is basically all volcanic mountain ranges. What they don't tell you on the map is that about 30 miles of the road is actually "offroad" dirt, gravel and potholes. Frontwheel drive is quite difficult to manage offroading... Anyway I think I startled a few campers going by in my car on that road.

Fortunately, I found my way to the other side and solid pavement again. It was a maze of backroads that could have either taken me to Portland or Eatonville. I did get to see 5 different mountains though, that was kinda neat. Took quite a few pictures. Chinook Pass was quite pretty and I got to play in the snow a bit. Too bad it was mostly cloudy all day and about 110 in Yakima. Got rained on around Mt. St. Helens. Car is a dirty mess now from all the dust and rain.

Here is a map that has links to the pictures I took. It will link you to the interactive page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home